Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Last year mission trip

Ulu Guroh, Gopeng Perak Mission Trip

The whole week before the trip can say as quite hectic moment for all of us. We have our prayer meeting on 20th November 2007 (Monday) as our final preparation (even though, to be honest, I have not finished my own children ministry materials yet). I was having hard time in terms my own self confidence to teach and what materials for the sessions. But I’ve placed all the worries to God, cause I believe Lord will guide me & my friends during the trip.

The rest of the day, me & housemates were busy bought stuffs for the mission. As it is near to end of the month, all of us have limited cash in hand to bought stuffs. Credit card is for sure out of the questions to buy stuffs from the warehouse. But thank God, for His grace, we still have enough cash to buy prizes & gift.

On 24th November 2007, we are supposed to be start the journey early in the morning, but due to my housemate’s job commitment we are not able to do so. On the other hand, it sounds good to me as I have time to do more preparation for children ministry. The 5 “RED” crew members journey starts around 11am from KL.. Before we proceed with our journey, we have our lunch at Jalan Gasing. (Tell you, I was terribly hungry that morning). So off we start the journey. In the car itself I was blessed with “warm sunshine”, which I have to hide myself below my comfort pillow, almost drifted away with dream.

The journey to Gopeng Perak took us almost 3 hours compare to usual 2 hours drive because there’s some road maintenance on going at that moment. But overall the journey still felt smooth for me as compare to Sarawak’s borneo “high way”. We reach Pekan Gopeng around 3pm. We left the car behind as the journey to Ulu Guroh village is very bumpy & “bouncy” as what I called it. So we took off the rest of the journey on Church’s van. Really love the environment in the jungle, so cooling! The tree’s, the jungle smells, the river flashing sounds…fulamak…just amazing. We reach the village about ½ hour later.

When we arrive, the youth conference still going on in the chapel. We just unpack our luggage from the van and proceed to the chapel. The whole chapel was occupied with teens and young adults. That night, we have amazing time dance and sing praise & worship to God. But most importantly, the sermon by Pastor Iben on How to be a transformed Christian.

On 25th November 2007, we “girls” namely me, edina, collin, rose, lilix & Sharon wake up around 6am preparing for breakfast. Wow, it is amazing I can wake up so that early. J During the breakfast time, I get myself talked with some of the kids to invite them to children ministry. At that moment, they are mostly shy kids, hardly to tell their names. So the children class started at 9am. There are about 30 children that morning. Thank God, language is not a problem for me & orang asli’s children. Praise God for they are actually being expose & introduce about God through their Sunday school too so there’s not much problem for me to guide & talk to them. Plus, I have a helpful helper name Auntie Edina with me J. That morning, we do some craft & coloring activities. The kids really enjoy craft & coloring activities. We bribe them with some sweets to make sure they pay attention to the class though. Hehe.

That evening, we have a sports activity for the kids while for the youth they have their own games. The activities was held at near by football field which we need to cross a river without a bridge!!! I have to laugh myself as I’ve experiencing embarrassing moment while try to cross the river I’ve fall into it. While the kids set their foot so easily on the rocks. Damn…my collapse even caught in video too. This gonna make other team mates laugh out loud. I was totally wet up till my thigh… luckily not my whole body. Actually for the kid’s sport activities, I do not have much idea of what to do. As I was last minutes informed about it. But overall, I enjoy myself a lot during that time and really put all my energy to play with the kids.

That night, the session proceed with Deacon Julih sermons and then proceed with altar call. Many youngsters came forward for the calling. From there, I can felt how these youngsters yearn to be renewed and forgive by The Lord. This urged me to continue to pray with them. It is an amazing experience for me. That night after the session, I was informed by other team members there is something weird happen up in the clouds. That night was a full moon night, but the moon is not a round shape but symbolized something which I still could not understand from what I see through the video. The weird shape moon was slowly covered by black clouds but the light of the moon shine brightly stills. It do makes me goose bump though.
The next morning, it’s Sunday. That morning we have a morning service at the chapel. While me & edina proceed with Sunday school after the praise & worship. I was in blurry situation though as their service protocol is different from what we used to. But then the Sunday school did start at the time it should be. That morning, I’m using Wordless Book material which I’ve learned from Gretha (our KBM Sunday School coordinator). The teaching goes well but during the craft time, that’s the most uncontrollable situation for both of us. Basically the craft activity was hard to be conduct, need to have more helper to really helping the children on hand with the craft. The funny thing is I myself confius, seems like I’m colour blind at that time, black become green colour, yellow become white (what da!)…get confius what the colour which I’m holding, makes the children more confius for sure at that time too. J Lesson learned: get more helper on sophisticated craft! AFTER THAT, I was informed by edina that it was announcement time in the chapel, so we all RUSH to the chapel as we should be ready for goodies giving to the children in the chapel. Gosh, how I’m so “Kam chiong” as the emcee for the announcement for Sunday school. Honestly, I’m not good at public speaking. But Thank God everything goes well, though I know my word really kelam kabut at that time. But one very big mistake which I’ve made is I forgot to give away the “certificate” which me & edina have cutely design! OH MAN! Such a waste, by the time we remember about it, the children is not around. All have went back home with their goodies. J Hopefully they’ll love it.

After that, all the team members do their task such as sweeping, cleaning, washing and etc to clean up the place. By the time we finished the cleaning, we’re damn hungry. That day we have Mee Goreng @ Fried Mee as our lunch menu. After that, 2 hours later we all set to go back home. Well, still going through those bumpy road. It was a tiring day for me, I was asleep along the way. Can’t help my eyes no more zzzZZZzzz.

No comments: